Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Always learning...

I find that the more I learn about art and all of its various mediums, the less I know. That sounds silly, but it's true. I'm sure there will always be a technique, trick or way to explore with paint that I haven't seen or thought of. That IS indeed why I LOVE ART. It's like an old friend and a new friend, all wrapped into one. The familiar and the unknown. I have to make a conscious effort to not let it overwhelm me and put me into a creative freeze.

One of the things that always helps, is to take a class. I chose the Painted Pages Workshop
this summer, to keep my creativity flowing through Sara's class. You can find Sarah's blog at www.sarahearn.blogspot.com  She has shared many ways for us to explore and rekindle creativity through simple, but effective assignments. I created an art journal specifically for her class, and hope to continue to fill it, pass the 4 weeks of our allotted class time. Feel free to stop by her blog anytime, oh, and tell her I sent ya! 


 (Items used on this art journal cover: Tabbed art journal, made by Paperchase, scraps of fabric, gesso for background, green blank ticket, Tim Holtz paper tape, Silks paint in peach nectar and turquoise acrylic paint.)

Have a great week~
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment