Wednesday, May 1, 2013

All for a great cause...

This is my nephew Thomas. The handsome boy in the middle, surrounded by his beautiful cousins...



He is one of the sweetest 8th graders I know. He will always have a very special place in my heart, because I babysat him for his first year of life. We bonded. In just a few weeks, he is graduating from Middle School. His school is having a Fine Arts Gala/Fundraiser which supports the Music, Choir and Art Departments, and so they asked me to do a few canvases for the Silent Auction/Raffle.

I asked my sister in law if the teachers could give me any sheet music they had to use as a background. That way I could make it more special to the parents and children who were part of the program.

Although I kept the designs on here very simple, it was on purpose. So that the sheet music, and pencil notes on them could be seen, and appreciated. I hope they do well. The best part for me was to help out, and to have my nephew say, "my Auntie made that." It brings a smile to my face...

~M


 

No comments:

Post a Comment