Monday, February 11, 2013

"Do what you do..."

A funny way to start a blog post, isn't it? "Do what you do", "Do your thing" and "I trust it'll look great" are just a few of the responses I've gotten when I have been requested to do a custom canvas for someone. I thought I'd share about a few of the originals I've done for customers in the past...

Because pictures always tell the best story, I'll post a few to share:
 
 
This was done for a friend to submit into a silent auction to be sold.
She gave me the quote she wanted, and an idea of colors. Beiges, greens and soft colors.
 
 
Custom order request: Quote from another one of my designs. 11x14 with pastel colors, and shipped within a few days for Mothers Day. The Mom loved it and even sent me a thank you! So sweet
 
 
This was donated by my business, The Artsy Girl Studio for a fundraising event I am a part of, called Survivor Crop  It ended up being won by a staff member of Susan G. Komen and is now hanging in their San Diego offices.
 
 
This was my most recent custom order. I posted on my Facebook page about it, but did not give the details. This artwork has extra special things in it, that were requested by the customer. She knew what quote she wanted, she knew the colors, and even knew the type of flower she wanted. The symbol, down in the right hand corner represents someone who is on to the road to recovery with an eating disorder. I was honored to create a piece of artwork that will inspire her to stay on her path to recovery. A very special piece.
 
If you ever have a special request for something custom, feel free to contact me via my Etsy shop
or email me at artsygirlstudio@gmail.com
 
Have a great week!
~Monica
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Monica! These are all so special and soulful. I am sure they bless the people who get to live with them every day. I can only imagine it's such an honor to be able to create something from a special phrase that will inspire and remind a person of the things they want to remember in their lives. I love all of these. ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete