Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Today's burning question...

Brought to you from the amazing author, Danielle LaPorte. If you don't know about her yet, you need to!  (psst...there is a link in my sidebar to help!)

So, here is today's burning question:

What’s chronic, repetitive, or inflamed in your inner or outer life?

Muscles get inflamed and choked from repetitive overuse. And it takes just one overtaxed muscle to stifle an entire limb, which then throws off the alignment of our whole body. When we stop using the muscle in the same way, blood flow can return and pain makes way for vitality. In the same way, an old psychic wound or one small behaviour continually repeated could strain your whole life.  Freedom begins when you can identify the aggravation you’ve been accommodating for so long.


I would have to say, mine is "letting myself get overwhelmed with all I have to do..."

I think about it, go over my mental to do list, and can easily work myself into a frenzy. It can paralyze me if I let it, and I have worked hard to break it down into small bite sized pieces to swallow.

Here are some things that have helped me to, as I say, "take it down a notch":
  •   Make a list!
  • Assign items to each day, as to spread out the workload for the week. (after all, I am a single Mom, and that has it's own endless list)
  • Allow for detours, and bumps in the road, they will happen!
  • Be okay with moving an item to another day if it's not completed.
  • Breathe
  • and last but not least, ENJOY life along the way!
So, now it's your turn...answer the burning question in the comments below, or on your own blog, I'd love to read it! Post a link to your blog in my comments if you do!

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment