Friday, February 24, 2012

Dinner, bedtime, and the early bird gets the art done!

Howz that for a title? I had this crazy vision right about dinner time last night of what I wanted to do with a 20x20 canvas I've had for over 6 months. That's how it works sometimes, and I have to go with it. I saw this quote during the week on something, probably Pinterest. "How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

I've been a caterpillar for many years. Stick with what's comfortable and easy. Moving along, as life passes by. Content, but bored. Last year, after taking both Soul Restoration classes from Brave Girls Club 
 I thought, maybe, just maybe I could be a bird, flying high with confidence. Or maybe even a butterfly... Graceful, and confident. And although my house is not shabby chic, I had this collection of paper I thought I'd like to use as my background. And so it began. Not sure if I will end up keeping it or selling  it. Either way, here are a few photos to share:
Here is the first photo:


As it progressed, I just kept adding and adding layers of paint, stamps, paper, ink, etc. I went to bed late, and woke up before 5 am, and my first thought was, "It's quiet and I can work on my canvas!" So I did! 
 and here is the finished canvas. I really enjoyed working with a larger size canvas, and may just have to do that again!



post signature





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Monica, love the message! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete