Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Let's talk COLOR!

As an artist, I am in a constant state of color discussion, combination and research. My Pinterest board is filled with color, and frankly, I am a little obsessed with it. Funny thing is, I 've always been! I loved having that box of 64 Crayola crayons and knowing all the names of the colors by their given name. And although my love of colors has remained, it has changed into a whole new level.

There is a website called Pantone, that's main focus is color. They have become the color connection between the designers, manufacturers, retailers and eventually the customer! (yes, you!) They designate a Color of the Year and for 2014,  it is Radiant Orchid.  I'd call it a cross between a fuschia and a purple.

Once I heard that this was the color of the year, I started noticing it everywhere! It's funny how you don't see it until it is brought to your attention. Now I see "radiant orchid" all over the place.
Here are a few examples of it in my house...




They both photographed a bit brighter that they actually are, but you get the idea! 
So, my challenge to you is...take a look around your house and see 
how many things you have that are Radiant Orchid!
 Leave a comment, or even a photo. I'd love to see it! 

Live colorfully, 

~Monica 





No comments:

Post a Comment